Which one is YOUR favorite?!
Mine is... the 12th, because it is more dark and the last because it shows her plump legs
Nicko (My sis) likes the Seamstress dress 6th, The Pure Dress 8th and the Earthen Raiment - 11th.
Update 15 January 2013: I've remade them a bit. I didn't like how they looked prior. The models have thinner, cleaner lines now and 4 & 5 no longer have dark hair and skinny physique. I hope you enjoy
Update 14 February 2014: Made a few adjustments to the designs, because some of them just were weird to begin with. I made them more down to earth.Hey guys
As of late, I think you've noticed, I've been experimenting a lot with new ideas and one of them, which I've been intending for a LONG LONGGGG time was compiling the dresses and clothes I've created in my drawings, for my novel
So this is the first batch of designs (no, it will not end up like my other series because these drawings are very easy to do... designing the new ones is slightly harder ) I chose Iloth Ianim's dresses because she has a lot, both provided to her and made by her own little hands :3
Here are the other parts: maddalinamocanu.deviantart.com…
Source of Inspiration: Meago's own clothes designs.
1. Dark Ball Dress - (provided) has been a constant in my drawings for 2 years now and it is one of the few that actually show her more voluptuous side It is the same dress I used here: maddalinamocanu.deviantart.com…
2. Light Short Dress - (provided) has a subtle emphasis on Dhonia's curvaceous nature - can be seen here: maddalinamocanu.deviantart.com…
3. Simple Blue Dress - (made) let us just say that in her first attempts as a seamstress, Dhonia doesn't quite get the hang of things and this is her first result. This Dress can be seen here: maddalinamocanu.deviantart.com…
4. Flowing Green Piece - (made) sown when she has a bit more hold of the needle, though it still is very simple. This Dress appears here: madda-sketches.deviantart.com/…
5. Rustic Red Dress - (made) a more primitive and rustic approach to a dress with peasant influences. She created this out of the urge to go back to her roots and it shows here: madda-sketches.deviantart.com/…
6. Seamstress's Dress - (made) Dhonia had always wanted a dress she could feel both proud of and use in warm days, making it veiled. This dress appears here: madda-sketches.deviantart.com/…
7. Ornate Blue Dress - (provided) this dress has been the main influence for the Simple Blue Dress and it has been given to her, along with the Dark Ball Dress and the Pure Veiled Dress, when Zendrua and Gereniar Amrath wedded. Can be seen here: madda-sketches.deviantart.com/…
8. Pure Veiled Dress - (provided) it is normally a mourning dress, due to it being very light in colour and Dhonia choses to wear this at Kensar, then Ilared's burial. Can be seen here: maddalinamocanu.deviantart.com…
9. Priestess's Crimson Gown - (provided) As her charge as High-Believer, Dhonia is granted this beautiful, ornate dress by Aetsir, the galumir. I took influence from Romanian priest clothes for this one . Can be seen here: madda-sketches.deviantart.com/…
10. Priestess's Veridian Gown - (provided) another priestess dress, this time more vivid in colour, yet with the same ornate theme as the Crimson Dress. No source.
11. Earthen Raiment - (made) Dhonia creates many dresses while she stays at Diferion, the Lake of the 40 Towers - her most productive time is the 54 years after Erath Ianim reborns. Again no source.
12. Weaver's Teal Robes - (provided) this simple, warm dress is used mostly in chilly autumn, winter days and it's dark tones makes it stand out amongst all the other common dresses Dhonia has. No source.
13. Golden Filigreed Violet Dress - (made) she has created this dress out of an urge to imitate the royal dresses human noblewomen used. I made this design firstly for Neve: maddalinamocanu.deviantart.com… but I stole it and made it a part of my novel's wardrobe.
14. Liliac Common Dress - (made) Dhonia had gotten a bit more mature in her choices and created a very radiant and elegant purple dress through which she wanted to show the irthala the beautiful colour the liliac flowers had in her village. No source.
15. Winter Red Raiment - (provided) In chilly days on the road, Dhonia wears the coat, blouse, pants and boots of this pretty outfit she had received as a present from Elril They even have matching sets, only his is green maddalinamocanu.deviantart.com…
These were the batch of designs for now. I still have many more to come, but a bit later
It is very impolite of you to ask me whether or not you can use the for you own character seeing as in the artist's description I specifically stated that they are NOT for use. It makes me think that you haven't even read the description before asking me this.
Also... Why take what I made? Inspire yourself from other designs. Heck! There are so many, not on DA, but on the Net in general. As long as I've stated that these designs are not for use, they are not for use, in any aspect, particularly the embroidery parts.
I'm glad you make your own designs and are using them for your own works, and I was searching dA for inspiration because this is usually the most reliable site (I personally find, just because when I search for something, i usually get the images I want right away.)
Once agian, I'm very sorry I missed the part about using them for ones own intent, I didn't mean to insult you, I was simply so inthralled with your character designs and where she got them from.
I'm glad you took the time to respont to me despite my oversight
I'll think about darwing dress designs. Maybe it will get me some views
As well, I see you used a simplifed drawing style for the character (manga/animesque) because I think you draw this rather small, I'm right?
All of them are wonderful!
But I loved the 4. Flowing Green Piece and the 7. Ornate Blue Dress, liking as well the 5. Rustic Red Dress
Can I use maybe sometime inspired dresses of these designs to give fancy clothes some of my characters?
Yes, you can inspire yourself, but not fully copy the dresses
I so need to drar now one of my characters breaking in your characters house and stealing the dresses.